If you’re looking for ways to make your Lakewood Ranch home’s bathroom more eco-friendly, here are some tips on saving water and more.
1. Fix the toilet. A leaky toilet wastes unimaginable amounts of precious water. Low-flow models use as little as .8 gallons.
2. Replace or upgrade your old faucet. Faucets account for more than 15 percent of indoor household water use, so reducing their flow (by up to 30 percent) with WaterSense-labeled products will amount to huge savings. If you don’t want to replace your faucets, you can achieve the same water savings with very inexpensive faucet aerators.
3. Turn down the water heater. Hot water heaters use nearly 20 percent of the average Lakewood Ranch home’s energy. Most manufacturers preset hot water heaters at 140 degrees. Reducing water temperature by 10 degrees saves 3 to 5 percent in energy costs. In most cases 120 degrees is perfectly comfortable.
4. Don’t use commercial drain cleaners. Common drain cleaners contain lye, hydrochloric acid and trichloroethane—toxins that corrode the plumbing in your Lakewood Ranch home.
5. Use toilet paper made from recycled paper. According to Greenpeace, Americans could save more than 400,000 trees if each family bought a roll of recycled toilet paper—just once.
Let us find the right home for you! Give Lakewood Ranch Realtor® Ellen Ferber Evans at 941-773-6907 or Alan Evans at 941-773-6906 a call today or email us at email@example.com.
REMAX Alliance Group, 5411 University Parkway, Sarasota, Florida 34201.